One of the leading manufacturers of household appliances is looking for a Agile Coach.
The agile coach serves as an evangelist and accelerator for adoption of agile ways of working within their organization. They provide training and coaching to build teams’ maturity in agile approaches, measure progress to overcome obstacles and drive continuous improvement, and champion agile to stakeholders.
- Develop, deliver, and/or coordinate with external providers to provision training and workshops on agile frameworks (e.g., Scrum, Kanban, Scaled Agile Framework) and practices (e.g., conducting daily stand-ups, retrospectives, backlog management).
- Assess and enhance team agility and maturity by developing coaching plans and conducting maturity assessments.
- Coach individuals and teams (including scrum masters and product owners) to facilitate adoption and improvement in agile methodologies and principles.
- Establish and ensure adoption of standards, ceremonies, and best practices for agile ways of working.
- Provide guidance and facilitate sprint and release planning sessions, and other agile ceremonies as needed.
- Challenge existing workflows and processes and remove impediments to agile teams’ success.
- Facilitate the organization’s transition to a continuous delivery model and adoption of an agile mindset across stakeholders.
- Monitor and communicate progress of agile teams’ key metrics (e.g., OKRs and KPIs) to stakeholders (e.g., IT and business leaders).
- Track metrics to surface potential problems and assist teams in resolving them.
- Champion agile approaches, drive awareness of the agile transformation, and gain stakeholder buy-in to expand adoption and support agile approaches.
- Keep up to date with corporate policies, practices, and industry trends concerning agile.
- Participate in the identification, collection, and reporting of agile practice metrics and measurements to track progress.
- Assist with establishing communities of practice and developing a culture of continuous improvement across teams.
Skills and Competencies
- Deep expertise in agile methodologies, frameworks, and practices.
- Experience coaching and mentoring individuals and teams and facilitating training sessions.
- Demonstrated ability to influence change and resolve conflict at the leadership and team level.
- Strong problem-solving skills that can be applied to resolve complex business and technical challenges.
- Experience developing and tracking metrics and using them to make data-driven decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical information in a condensed manner to various stakeholders verbally and in writing.
- Familiarity with agile planning tools (e.g., Jira, Confluence).
- Adaptability and a willingness to learn new skills, technologies, and frameworks.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent years of experience).
- [3+] years of experience working in an agile delivery environment
- [2+] years of experience working as an agile coach, scrum master, or a comparable role
- Agile certification (e.g. SAFe, Scrum)
- Background in development (1C, .NET), Robotic Process Automation, SAP modules (HR/WM/SD/MM) as asset
- Advanced level of English
Top Skills for Agile Coaches
The ten most in-demand skills for agile coaches, as measured by the percentage of job postings that require each skill:
- Scrum methodology
- Kanban method
- Scaled Agile Framework