Market reporter, Agriculture
Our client: an international global media company providing essential information on commodity markets, with a network of offices in the US, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
- Monitor and assess fast-moving markets to produce daily price assessments and intelligence, market commentaries, news, analysis and reports;
- Establish strong relationships with key members of the industry and business leaders through meetings and daily communications to gain an in-depth understanding of agricultural market;
- Proactively generate news leads and pitch stories, contribute copy to the relevant publication and the on-line news service, offer contributions to special content (blog posts, white papers, webinars, podcasts, etc.);
- Collaborate with colleagues on the desk and in other teams to enhance and drive coverage;
- Attend meetings, conferences and industry events to build contacts, report on news and represent the company in the industry;
- Build up your industry expertise and writing skills to provide readers with first-class market insights and analysis.
Skills and Experience
- Ability to develop, verify and write industry-relevant news/content to deadline;
- Knowledge of the commodities markets (useful but not essential);
- Excellent writing, grammar and numeracy skills (will be tested as part of the interview process);
- Ability to use data to generate stories and analysis, willingness to learn;
- Excellent communication skills with ability to network and build contacts with industry executives;
- Prior experience of working in the financial or commodities journalism (useful but not essential);
- Strong co-ordination and time management skills, ability to work well within a team;
- A keen eye for detail;
- Additional languages (useful but not essential).
- Competitive salary and company bonus scheme;
- Group pension scheme;
- Group healthcare and life assurance scheme;
- Extensive internal and external training.